Anonymizer Inc. San Diego, CA. 2006 — present
Product Development Manager June 2010
- Planned budget for the development department for the year.
- Created and managed product road map.
- Managed and wrote requirements for product line up.
- Managed eight developers and two system engineers across three product lines.
- Transitioned development team from Waterfall to Agile methods.
- Led a team to upgrade and improve the core infrastructure.
- Looked at several cloud solutions and developed plans to utilize them.
- Implemented plan to transition to test driven development.
- Launched beta version of the next generation of the Anonymizer Universal product.
Program Manager for Consumer Products June 2009 — June 2010
- Designed and developed Mac client for Anonymizer Universal Product.
- Wrote requirements document for Anonymizer Universal Product.
- Launched Anonymizer Universal Product.
- Created plan to utilize contractors and isolate access to privileged code base.
- Created project plans for large 2 year project (estimated completion end of 2011).
- Helped redesign core system, to be more modular.
Senior Software Engineer May 2006 — June 2009
- Improved build system
- Designed and implemented a simple RPC over EMail system.
- Designed and implemented a plug-in based system for creating Postfix filters.
- Designed and developed a system to store and manage large number of IP address.
- Developed a system to build custom Linux Live CD.
- Developed a custom ORM system. (Object Rational Mapping)
- Created a simple MVC system using Mason for view and controller dispatch, and DBI for the model layer.
- Implemented http/https proxy using LWP.
- Managed team of 4 developers including myself.
- Implemented a developed several RESTful webservices.
- Implemented a http/https proxy using LWP.
AppZorz Inc. San Diego, CA. Spetember 2010 — present
Chief Technology Officer/Founder
- Design and developed core project for Thotly.com .
CSU Stanislaus Turlock, CA. Spetember 2003 — June 2005
Equipment Systems Specialist
- Maintained three computer labs.
- Planned layout of labs for better security and growth.
- Installed, maintained, and configured iMac, eMac, PowerMac, various PC computers, and their peripheral hardware.
- Integrated Mac clients to use the PAS printing system and Active Directory.
- Consulted on setup for Linux and Mac OS X servers.
United States Army Reservers Los Angeles, CA. October 1995 — October 2001
System Administrator/Systems Analyst
- Developed a system of Unix scripts using Perl, Korn, and VBA programs to link Word, Excel, and Access for report and automation purposes which saved significant man hours.
- Administrated a client/server environment consisting of 60+ Windows clients and three servers.
Los Angeles Valley College Valley Glen, CA. June 2000 — June 2001
Web Developer/Pharos Smart Card Administrator
- Maintained and designed the Student Services Web Site.
- Configured, installed, administrated, and supported Pharos Smart card system.
iBoost Inc. Los Angeles, CA. February 2000 — June 2000
- Created a portal site that aggregated content from various providers.
- Created dynamic content selection process for a shopping cart system.
Eagle Group International Los Angeles, CA. Spetember 1997 — February 2000
Information Systems Analyst/Operator V
- Administrated the HP-UX server.
- Debugged, maintained, and created VBA, Perl 5, and Kron scripts for automation and reporting.
- Perl (OO — using perl objects and Moose)
- Ruby on Rails
Applications and OSs
- Linux/Unix/Mac OS X
- Microsoft Office
California State University Stanislaus Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (2006)
Big Nerd Ranch iPhone Bootcamp class (2008)
For recreation, I learn new computer languages, read code blogs and listen to programming podcasts. I work on my company AppZorz. When I’m not coding or being an entrepreneur I’m a husband, parti poodle owner, and motorcycle rider.